Thursday, June 6, 2013

No Matter What by Summer Howard Soon To Be Released!

I'm very excited to announce that my dearest friend, and recently published author, Summer Howard has finally finished and published her first book, No Matter What! Unfortunately, we are unsure of when the book will be available in stores, but she will be getting a few copies to begin selling herself. Under this post I will write a quick excerpt from the book along with a sneak peak for those that are interested. I'm very proud of how far Summer has come in only the short time that I've known her. She is a very smart determined girl and now you can add "published author" to the list! I will try to set up a written interview with Ms. Howard and also add more detail on the book. I encourage every one of you to give her book a chance and let me know what you think! We believe the book will come out in stores sometime in September, but if you like the preview and can't wait, I'm sure we can make an arrangement! I hope you're as excited as I am! My next review will be about The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa!


          "I don't think this has to change everything."
He held me at arm's length, frustration in his voice. "What if something happens to me? I can't promise that I'll survive. I can't guarantee that I'll be around..."
          I couldn't meet his gaze anymore. I shut my eyes, tears rolling down my cheeks as those waves crashed me down.
          He cupped my face in his hands, tilting my head upwards. He was pulling me back into a nightmarish reality.
          "I can't promise those things because I don't want to hurt you again." He hesitated. "I can . I can promise you this, however. I'm not giving up. I will fight."

          When Ellie has to move to a new town, she's bummed. But it helps that one of her very best friends happens to be moving to the same town. With the first day of school approaching, Ellie worries that she won't make any friends.

          Little does she know that her life is about to turn upside down when she meets the mysterious Jayden. Things quickly turn from friendship to more with a little encouragement from her friends. Ellie can't help but notice there's something off about Jayden though. He misses a lot of school, is super secretive, and seems to be getting skinnier by the day.

          Whenever Ellie brings it up though, her boyfriend tells her he's fine; until one day it can't be ignored anymore. Will Ellie be able to figure out what's wrong with Jayden in time to save him? Will she be willing to stick by his side No Matter What, even though the news is more than a teenager should bear? Can this young love survive something that even the longest marriages sometimes can't?

Sound like something you might be interested in? Comment below and I can try to set something up with Summer and get you your copy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment